You should learn this and you will never be depressed again.
(1) Proper diet and exercise - By including fresh fruit, whole grain and vegetables in your diet you can maintain natural feel-good chemicals of the body up. Serotonin levels can be enhanced through fresh air, adequate sleep, exercise, sunshine etc. Fresh air and sunshine can give a boost to your spirit. Mood enhancing chemicals will be released through regular exercise, especially aerobic exercises.
(2) There are many natural and herbal remedies which you can follow to overcome depression.
St.John's Wort is a herb which helps in cases of mild to moderate it. It effectively alleviates nervousness, sleep disorders, worry etc. The herb can balance mood and sustain mental stability.
(3) Consuming Omega-3 fatty acids which is essential for proper functioning of brain will help in eliminating it. Salmon, sardines and anchovies are rich sources of omega-3 fatty acids. It has been found that the occurrence of its low in people who eat plenty of fish.
(4) You can also go for homeopathic remedies to get rid of it. The advantage is that homeopathic treatment does not have the side effects of prescription drugs. But it may take some time to see the effects. While taking the medicine you have to maintain the proper timing and follow the directions for best results.
(5) SAM-e, or S-adenosyl-L-methionine is a chemical found naturally in the body that could increase levels of serotonin and dopamine.
SAM-e can me bought over-the-counter as a food supplement, and will help you fight the sense of feeling depressed.
Amino Acid Supplements are also a good idea with special emphasis on specific amino acids that are the precursors to neurotransmitters.
Other dietary supplements like folic acid, vitamin B6, and magnesium also help.